Practice Areas

What Are Post Decree Matters? 

"Post Decree" means "after a decision has been made or a decree has been issued." Many times, even after the Court has made a decision or the parties have agreed to a settlement or dissolution, something changes. Changes could be related to child support, child needs, spousal support (alimony) or to non-performance of an obligation. Often times it is necessary to go back to "adjust" support matters because of changes in income or status. Unfortunately, it is sometimes necessary to go back to the Court and ask for help in making the other party do what they have been ordered to do (such as paying debts or paying support or such as providing time to the other parent with the children).  

Do you need changes to your divorce decree? Is your ex-spouse not meeting his or her obligations? Give us a call at: (513) 942-7222.